Marcel Maya, MD
- Neurovascular Radiology
Marcel Maya, MD, specializes in the treatment of diseases and disorders of the brain and spine, using minimally invasive procedures.
With extensive research experience, Dr. Maya often publishes articles and makes presentations at professional meetings. He is currently conducting research on cerebrospinal fluid leaks and spontaneous intracranial hypotension, conditions that cause persistent headaches and are often misdiagnosed.
Before joining the S. Mark Taper Foundation, Dr. Maya was a radiologist at St. Vincent Medical Center and House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles. He previously served as an assistant professor of radiology at New York University School of Medicine and was a neuroradiologist at NYU Medical Center.
• Senior member, American Society of Neuroradiology
• Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery
• Radiological Society of North America
• Medical Degree: Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
• Internship: House Staff Physician, Manisa State Hospital, Manisa, Turkey, 1984-1986
• Residency: Pathology, Istanbul University, Turkey, 1986-1987
• Residency: Pathology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY, 1987-1990
• Residency: Radiology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY, 1990-1994
• Fellowship: Neuroradiology, New York University Medical Center, 1994-1996
• Fellowship: Pediatric Neuroradiology, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, 1997